İkamet
    istanbul
    Yaş
    Gönderi

Esas

hi there,
    i have an idea lets find some discussion topics such as:
    -what is the difference between efficient and effective
    -are the women or the men better parents/managers?
    -will pala the machete be able to slaughter us?
    best wishes

Duhul
    Oct 2010
    İkamet
    istanbul
    Yaş
    Gönderi

Esas

i`ve never thought that i would make a good santa (noel baba), but today i will be one...
    i will distribute gifts to children ..before the distribution, i will want them to believe and do good deeds...
    i am really very very excited ...

Duhul
    Oct 2010
    İkamet
    istanbul
    Yaş
    Gönderi

Esas

To compare to is to point out or imply resemblances between objects regarded as essentially of a different order;

to compare with is mainly to point out differences between objects regarded as essentially of the same order.

Thus, life has been compared to a pilgrimage, to a drama, to a battle; Congress may be compared with the British Parliament. Paris has been compared to ancient Athens; it may be compared with modern London.

AP Stylebook

Use compared to when the intent is to assert, without the need for elaboration, that two or more items are similar: She compared her work for women’s rights to Susan B Anthony’s campaign for women’s suffrage.

Use compared with when juxtaposing two or more items to illustrate similarities and/or differences: His time was 2:11:10 compared with 2:14 for his closest competitor.

Penguin Writer’s Manual

Both prepositions, to and with, can be used following compare. Neither is more correct than the other, but a slight distinction can be made in meaning.

To has traditionally been preferred when the similarity between two things is the point of the comparison and compare means ‘liken’: I hesitate to compare my own works to those of someone like Dickens.

With, on the other hand, suggests that the differences between two things are as important as, if not more important than, the similarities: We compared the facilities available to most city-dwellers with those available to people living in the country; to compare like with like.

When compare is used intransitively it should be followed by with: Our output simply cannot compare with theirs.

Duhul
    Oct 2010
    İkamet
    istanbul
    Yaş
    Gönderi

Esas

I wish a wonderful new year to you all...
    i also wish that the year 2014 will bring peace, patience, joy, wealth to all of us..and this year will be a year that the animal rights are the same as human rights...

Duhul
    Oct 2010
    İkamet
    istanbul
    Yaş
    Gönderi

Esas

Truly tasteless jokes:
    What do you do when you wake up in the middle of the night to see your television set floating in mid air?
    Say, "drop it, negro."

Duhul
    Oct 2010
    İkamet
    istanbul
    Yaş
    Gönderi

Esas

Q: How do you start a Jewish parade?
    A: Roll a penny down the street.

Duhul
    Oct 2010
    İkamet
    istanbul
    Yaş
    Gönderi

Esas

A man moves into a nudist colony. He receives a letter from his mother asking him to send her a current picture. Too embarrassed to let her know that he lives in a nudist colony, he cuts one in half and sends her the top part.

Later he receives another letter asking him to send a picture to his grandmother. The man cuts another picture in half, but accidentally sends the bottom half. He is really worried when he realizes that he sent the wrong part, but then remembers how bad his grandmother's eyesight is and hopes she won't notice.

A few weeks later he receives a letter from his grandmother. It says, "Thank you for the picture. Change your hair style...it makes your nose look too long."

Sayfa 3/13 İlkİlk 12345 ... SonSon

Gönderi Kuralları

• Yeni konu açamazsınız
  • Konulara cevap yazamazsınız
  • Yazılara ek gönderemezsiniz
  • Yazılarınızı değiştiremezsiniz
  •